Last updated 13 November 2022
Please note that this document isn't written by professional lawyers and may contain errors. Hereafter, “we”/“our”/“us” refers to Meower Media, and “you” refers to a user of Meower. We aren't lawyers and we don't have lawyers. Everything you see here is all-encompassing.
Copyright (c) 2022 Meower Media.
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.
You are required to do the following:
- Respect other individuals' rights and privacy
- Refrain from spamming, scamming, impersonating, or otherwise harassing other people using our service
- Keep all posts/comments/messages/threads “Rated E for Everyone” friendly and absolutely never cause pornographic or vulgar content to be shared
- Respect the will of other individuals using the service
- Respect other entities' intellectual property rights (No content copyrighted by anyone other than Meower is permitted to be shared unless you have explicit written permission to share said content)
- Agree to our policies to use the service
COPPA Notice: If you are legally a minor, we are required to obtain both your consent and your parent's consent to use the service. If you're over the age of 13, you are able to freely use Meower without us acquiring parental consent.
If we notice suspicious account activity, we must notify you of suspicious activity and may have to lock your account to protect Meower. “Suspicious account activity” strictly includes:
- Too many failed login attempts
- Too many posts flagged for moderation
- Being kicked from Meower
- Being indefinitely banned from Meower
- Any devices connected to the offending IP address being banned from Meower
- Being banned from any affiliates or direct partners of Meower Media.
We don't collect any personally identifying information.
- This includes real names, dates of birth, gender info, geographic data, etc.
*Please note that if you put in your real name, we are not legally responsible for anything that happens in or out of Meower.
We only store information needed to make our service work.
This STRICTLY includes, and IS LIMITED TO:
- Usernames and hashed passwords for authentication.
- Your profile description and profile icon.
- Posts, comments, messages, and/or threads you create/reply to.
- Basic diagnostic data (Timestamps of logins/logouts, timestamps of failed login attempts, timestamps of moderated posts/comments/messages/threads).
- Your current state of authentication (to verify account activity and determine if an account has gone inactive).
You have the right to view, manage, and/or delete your account, diagnostics data, or content
you've shared on Meower.
Please note that we are still in development, and we currently do not possess any ability to retrieve, store, delete, or provide diagnostic data.
If a data breach occurs in Meower, we will notify you as soon as possible.
If we ever make changes to our policies, we will notify you as soon as possible.
We will make updates via our Discord, GitHub Updates, etc.
All data is to be treated equally.
We don't guarantee the stability or functionality of Meower, and it may be terminated at any time without warning.
We are required to moderate posts, comments, messages, and threads to keep our service safe for everyone.
We promise to uphold your rights to privacy and the aforementioned.
Meower won't become closed-source.
It will remain FOSS (Free and Open-Source) for the betterment of ourselves and our posterity.
We are required to:
- Keep our service safe for all individuals (moderation)
- Respect the privacy of all our users
- Protect the rights of all our users
- Keep the service operational and protect the service from malicious activity
- Maintain security measures to keep communications safe and secure
- Comply with local and international legislation regarding user privacy and data collection
- Be respectful
We cannot and shall not share/sell any of our collected data with outside entities.